Wednesday, May 8, 2019

New Beginnings - About Me

Who the heck are you?
Hello there! Wow, somehow a first blog post feels a whole lot like a first date - what do I say? What should I wear (ok, less of an issue)? What would people like to hear? Whelp, I have no idea, so I'm just going to jump right in and give it a go.

Visit to San Antonio while Cody was in Army Combat Medic Training (2009)

Welcome to my little corner of the internet! My name is Megan.I am 34 and have been married to my high school sweetheart and best friend for almost 14 years. We have a beautiful 3 year old boy whom I refer to as "S" as well as a basset hound named Lola. I work for the government as a budget analyst and just recently finished by Bachelor's degree in accounting. I am a wife, a mom, a runner, a spreadsheet nerd, a planner, and as of recently, the owner of a home-based business.

So what prompts a government employee to suddenly start telling strangers on the internet about their life? My purpose here is threefold:

1. To talk about life in general and have a sort of digital journal to look back on when my son is grown and to share the random and often humorous aspects of parenting.

My graduation in Orlando this February
2. To share my victories and struggles with weight loss. I will do another post that goes into this in detail, but I am currently down 65 pounds from after my son was born (almost 90 pounds from when I was pregnant - can I count that? I kinda want to count that). I have truly benefited from reading the stories and struggles of others who have been successful at losing weight and would love it if I could provide that for even
one person.

3. As I mentioned, I recently started my own home-based business with LimeLife skin care and cosmetics. A blog is a great way to share and connect with other people and share the products that I love.




Where does the name come from? 


 The name "Paisley and Plaid" was actually my husband's idea and I instantly loved it. I am a huge fan of paisley, and the plaid represents my fella's influence on both my life and my business. Come join me as I share the joys and humor of parenting, the challenges of significant weight loss, and the rewards and learning curve of starting my own home-based business.

Best regards,

~Megan

   

No comments:

Post a Comment