Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Feeling Motivated


I have to say, I am feeling motivated! When I started down the path of direct sales, I was seriously skeptical. Can I really do this? Do I want to do this? The answer is definitely - yes! While this is a resounding yes, it does comes with some caveats. I absolutely want to do this, BUT I don't want to be a sales person. I don't want to be the pushy person that makes people feel uncomfortable - that is something I don't want to do and am not willing to do. 

Feelin' Sassy
I am discovering that, like so many things in life, there is a way to do things in a way that works for you that you can feel good about. It might be a slower path than some people take, but it is a path that I am feeling really good about and that makes me excited. It makes me want to face my fears and try new things. It makes me feel like it's possible for me to be one of those people. The ones who are successful. Everyone of the women I look up to that are successful started out where I am today. If they can do it, I can do it. I just have to want it bad enough and work hard enough...and persevere enough to get there too.

I need to remember to direct some of this feel-good energy towards my weight loss as well. It's really easy to get excited about a shiny new thing and lose focus on other things. I've been slacking this week. For some reason my brain is urging me to go for the calorie high score like its a game of Candy Crush. I need to envision the person I want to be and act like she would act. The ideal me eats nutritious meals in reasonable quantities. She works hard and enjoys her runs. She stays focused on the things that are important to her. So that's what I'm going to do.

This is exactly how I felt this morning. She gets me.
I'm on a good track so far today. I woke up crazy tired, but gave myself a little bit of an internal pep talk when my alarm when off. Instead of thinking, "oh my GAWWWDD, I'm so tired. I want to go back to bed." I thought, "ok, I can do this. I'm going to get up and get going and it's going to feel amazing." And it did. I got up and started moving around, knowing my joints would loosen up the more I moved (side note: I have psoriatic arthritis, so I often wake up feeling really stiff). I started walking and after about ten minutes decided to pick it up to a jog and finished out three miles - and it felt awesome!

So here we go folks, let's get with it today and give it our best shot....but there may still need to be some caffeine. I'm motivated, not superhuman. :O)

Best wishes,

~Megan












No comments:

Post a Comment