Sunday, May 12, 2019

Family Fun, Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you are all able to take a little bit of time today to relax and enjoy this day set aside to acknowledge the miracle that is motherhood. I would like to take a moment to give a special thanks to my own mom for making my childhood something I look back on with joy:

Picture of my Mom and Sister
Mom, you always made me feel safe. You always made life seem like a fun adventure and you taught me the lessons that I needed to succeed. I am so grateful that my boy is able to spend time with you and gets love you as much as I do. Being your daughter has been one of the great privileges of my life and watching you love my little boy is truly a wonder to behold. Thanks, Mamma Llama I love you more than you'll ever know.


Ok, ok, now that all the mushy stuff is out of the way: Yesterday was gorgeous! We met my in-laws out at a lake that is about 45 minutes outside of town and hung out for the evening with my in-laws, Cody's sister and brother-in-law, and two of their kids. There were lots of laughs and stories about my fella's childhood that I hadn't heard (I'm sure Cody was glad his sister was in a sharing mood).
Grandma and her boy


 After dinner, me, my mother-in-law, and my nephew went kayaking. It was so peaceful. I was a smidge-bit bummed that the hoard of turtles I'd heard so much about had evening plans and were no longer sunning on the group of fallen logs in the cove.

We were extremely spoiled because the men folk hauled the kayaks into the water and helped us push off and get out so we didn't even have to get our feet wet. I highly recommend this method.

Safety first!
I remember putting on the same life vest in the photo on the left last summer and worrying whether it would fit or not. When I had to actually cinch it smaller and had extra room leftover I was thrilled! It is such a huge victory to be able to do things like kayaking without being afraid that I won't fit or that I won't be able to keep up. I might not be where I want to be just yet, but I have definitely made progress and I look forwards to enjoying swimming, hiking, and kayaking this summer, knowing that, while I am still self-conscious in a swimsuit, I am fit enough to keep up with my family and my little boy and thoroughly enjoy all of the activities our wonderful area has to offer.

Best wishes,

~Megan

1 comment: